Work with us
We regularly recruit for staff to join our award-winning care team.
Check the job board below to see our latest vacancies.
Please send all applications and questions to email@example.com
|Jobs||Hours and pay||Closes||Summary|
|Staff Nurse (nights)||38.5 hours/week|
£18.23 per hour
|18/09/17||REPORTS TO: Sister or Senior Nurse on Duty
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Manager
• To ensure that the Society’s mission statement and key values are carried through all aspects of resident care. The Resident’s Charter of Rights is upheld for all residents.
• To assist with the efficient running of the Home by providing the highest possible standard of professional nursing care.
1. The Registered Nurse has a professional duty to be knowledgeable and keep up to date in all professional areas of work affecting the health and well-being of the residents and staff.
2. To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the Home. To ensure that appropriate standards of care and welfare are maintained for each resident, to comply with the terms of the Care Contract.
3. To maintain and keep accurate nursing records by liaising with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely, undertaken, implemented and evaluated.
4. To ensure the highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
5. To participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers, as arranged.
6. To ensure that support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
7. To ensure the correct ordering, administration, recording and disposal of all medication.
8. To ensure the Misuse of Medicines Act is appropriately complied with and that all medicines are prescribed and used on a named resident basis.
9. To act as a senior member of the team and deputise for the Sister and Home Manager in their absence.
10. To participate in the orientation of staff.
11. Maintain, in confidence, any particulars about residents within the Home.
12. To supervise and give guidance and training to all staff.
13. To assist in the organisation and participate in a programme of in-service training for all staff.
14. Have regard for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others. Hazards, potential hazards, accidents and other untoward occurrences, faulty equipment etc should be reported to the Home Manager and any necessary steps taken to prevent injury.
15. To be aware of COSHH regulations and appropriate use of substances.
16. To take part in staff meetings wherever possible.
17. To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents/mishaps and Daily Census to the Home Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down according to Society Policy.
18. To know where all the fire fighting equipment is located and how it is operated.
19. It is a requirement of this employment that all staff actively participate in training programmes organised by the Society.
The above Job Description is a broad outline of what the job incurs in practice. Adjustment and alterations may be added to meet the needs of the Home at that time.
|Chef||35 hours per week (5 x 7 hours shifts) |
£10.07 per hour
|18/09/17||REPORTS TO: Catering Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Kitchen Assistant(s)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
1. To assistant the Catering Manager in meeting the nutritional and dietary needs of residents, which respects the choice of the individual and promotes health and well-being.
2. When the Catering Manager is not on duty to be responsible for managing the efficiency, hygiene and safety in the catering area and to organise and supervise the work of other staff working in the kitchen.
3. To assist the Catering Manager in maintaining the correct HACCP
principles in all catering areas and ensure all legislative standards are met.
4. In the Catering Managers’ absence to help maintain in the home the atmosphere and practice of care based on the Royal Alfred Seafarers’ Society deriving from a concern for the individual and mutual respect between residents and staff.
1. To provide an efficient and effective service to residents, understanding their needs and working to exceed these, where possible.
2. Prepare, cook and serve meals for residents, visitors and staff on a daily basis. This may also include catering for ad-hoc events.
3. Comply with the policy and procedures as stated within the Food Safety Manual.
4. Respect resident’s rights to privacy, dignity and choice.
5. Ensure that activity rooms/tea bays have adequate supplies to allow drinks and snacks to be made when required.
6. Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic and committed attitude towards residents recognising the importance of team work.
7. Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas in accordance with the Food Safety Manual. Ensure all kitchen equipment is in a safe and clean condition and report defects to a senior member of staff.
8. To dispose of all waste food hygienically.
9. To ensure adequate supplies of washing up and cleaning materials area kept for use in the kitchen.
10. Supervise kitchen staff and oversee other staff using the kitchen. Ensure compliance with Basic Hygiene Code of Practice (FS103).
11. Assist with the induction of new staff as in accordance with the Induction Policy.
12. To attend and participate in Staff Meetings.
13. Attend training and development sessions as appropriate including compulsory Moving & Handling and Health & Safety Training as designated for the role. This may in involve travelling to other locations.
14. Attend and participate in regular supervision and appraisal sessions.
15. To be aware of and adhere to the Society’s Health & Safety Policy.
16. To be aware of and adhere to the Society’s policies contained in the Employment Policies and Procedures Manual.
17. Work to a rolling 7 day rota as required which may include weekends.
18. This is not a complete description of the duties and responsibilities or the post of Kitchen Assistant and the post holder is expected to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the Line Manager.
19. It is a condition of employment that this post is subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.