Work with us
We regularly recruit for staff to join our award-winning care team.
Check the job board below to see our latest vacancies.
Please send all applications and questions to [email protected]
|Jobs||Hours and pay||Closes||Summary|
|Registered Nurse (Nights)||38.5 hours/week||07/07/17||JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
REPORTS TO: Sister or Senior Nurse on Duty
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clinical Manager
• To ensure that the Society’s mission statement and key values are carried through all aspects of resident care. The Resident’s Charter of Rights is upheld for all residents.
• To assist with the efficient running of the Home by providing the highest possible standard of professional nursing care.
1. The Registered Nurse has a professional duty to be knowledgeable and keep up to date in all professional areas of work affecting the health and well-being of the residents and staff.
2. To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the Home. To ensure that appropriate standards of care and welfare are maintained for each resident, to comply with the terms of the Care Contract.
3. To maintain and keep accurate nursing records by liaising with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely, undertaken, implemented and evaluated.
4. To ensure the highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
5. To participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers, as arranged.
6. To ensure that support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
7. To ensure the correct ordering, administration, recording and disposal of all medication.
8. To ensure the Misuse of Medicines Act is appropriately complied with and that all medicines are prescribed and used on a named resident basis.
9. To act as a senior member of the team and deputise for the Sister and Home Manager in their absence.
10. To participate in the orientation of staff.
11. Maintain, in confidence, any particulars about residents within the Home.
12. To supervise and give guidance and training to all staff.
13. To assist in the organisation and participate in a programme of in-service training for all staff.
14. Have regard for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others. Hazards, potential hazards, accidents and other untoward occurrences, faulty equipment etc should be reported to the Home Manager and any necessary steps taken to prevent injury.
15. To be aware of COSHH regulations and appropriate use of substances.
16. To take part in staff meetings wherever possible.
17. To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents/mishaps and Daily Census to the Home Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down according to Society Policy.
18. To know where all the fire fighting equipment is located and how it is operated.
19. It is a requirement of this employment that all staff actively participate in training programmes organised by the Society.
The above Job Description is a broad outline of what the job incurs in practice. Adjustment and alterations may be added to meet the needs of the Home at that time.